If you are having problems with your iPhone 4 displaying the incorrect date and time when using the “Set Automatic” option, there are a number of possible solutions that could fix the problem.
The issue in my case seemed to be caused by the the phone shutting down automatically due to an empty battery, although there may be other causes.
Having searched the web for a solution, there are a number of possible ways to fix the issue, with many appearing to work in some cases but not others:
- Simply turning “Set Automatically” to OFF then back ON.
- Going to Utilities > Clock and removing the World clocks, then switch the phone off and on again.
- Hard rebooting the phone by holding down the home and on / off button at the same time (until the Apple logo appears).
For me the problem was solved by carrying out the following actions:
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
- Turn the “Set Automatically” option to OFF
- Plug the phone into your computer and sync it using iTunes.
- Go back to the Date & Time options page and switch “Set Automatically” back to ON.
You may have to try a combination of the methods listed above, or if you have an alternative solution to the problem then let us all know.